Create a new slide
There are a couple of options to create a slide:
Click on the blue button '+ NEW SLIDE’ or '+ NEW QUESTION'This can be found on the top right side of the course matrix page.
You will be taken to another window to add a new slide.
Once you have saved the slide, it will go to the bottom of the Matrix slide list for you to a position where you want or,
Select ‘Insert’Found on each row of the table. You can slot in a new slide in between existing slides (saves you from moving them later).
Hint: Cutting or Copying content from other documents
When adding your content, depending on what type of document you are copying and pasting from, sometimes strange formatting and many different fonts will appear throughout.
The cleanest way is to copy and paste it into Wordpad or Notepad removing any unwanted background formatting and then paste it back into our interface on the content editor of the slide. Correcting any numbering problems in a numbered list of text can be done in this way also.
Managing the Slide
When setting up your slide, it could be described in 3 sections.
- Slide References
- Insert Media
- Insert Text and Images
- Title - Add the title of the slide
- Reference - For Administrators's eyes only. This field provides you with a reference for the slide or question. It can be used to describe what it’s about, or a note for Administrators.
- Slide Settings - This is where you can change the Next button on the slide to “I Agree” simply by clicking in that it is a Terms and Conditions slide
Insert Media Section
Choose the appropriate radio button for inserting Audio or Video by choosing your file from your PC.
You can also add a Document in the slide for the User to download and read in this section.
Insert Text and Images Section
This section is used for adding your images and copying and pasting or writing your text for the slide. You can add as many image/text sections as you need per slide.
Using the content editor you have some other word processing features including:
- Spell checker
- Insert website link
- HTML Source Code option
- Preview content
- Aligning the text (left, centre, right, justified)
- Bullet and number lists
- Font selections (sizes, type, and attributes)