Setting up your Programs, Program properties.
Programs are bundles of tasks that you can assign to users, saving you time and providing you with a set group of documents, courses, or forms for Users to complete. This enables users to switch between Sites or Programs without re-uploading information based on what program they first enrolled in.
There are two types of Programs that can be created in Altora:
- Guided Programs
Type 1: Programs
Ordinary Programs have no enforced sequence, meaning the tasks you assign to them can be completed in any order by the inductee. This is useful for those who have some tasks which may not apply to everyone in the Program.
Type 2: Guided Programs
Guided Programs have an enforced sequence, meaning the tasks must be completed in order. To unlock the next task, the current task must be completed. This is useful for inductees who must complete all tasks in the order in a given Program.
To create these different types of Programs, you will notice two buttons in the Program Assignments section in Settings. Be sure to press “Create A Guided Program” for a Guided Program with an enforced sequence; otherwise, press “Add Program”.
Please see the Altora End User Quick Start Guide article for screenshots on how this looks for an end-user.
Create a new Program
Found under the Settings > User > Program tab.
Use Programs to save you time when allocating tasks (documents/courses/e-forms/acknowledgements) to your Users; instead of task by task, they are assigned a whole Program. To create a Program, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Programs from Settings
- Press the Create A Program or Create A Guided Program button
- Create a Program Name for your group of tasks
- Add a description that clearly identifies who should complete this Program
- Press Continue
- Add in the tasks to be included by selecting Courses by clicking on the drop-down in the next screen, pressing "Add" each time you require a new task, and choosing if each task is required or not by selecting "Optional" or "Required"
- Press Continue
- Review your Program, pressing Save when finished
Creating questions in Guided Programs
Aside from enforcing the sequence, Guided Programs also provide the capability to curate Programs to the User. For some Users, not all tasks will be relevant, and by adding questions, you can filter which tasks certain Users will need to complete.
Found under Settings > User > Programs:
- Navigate to Programs and create a new Guided Program
- Fill in the Program Details (as described in steps 3-5 of "Create a new Program")
- Select the Add Question button
- Enter in your question text (e.g. Do you hold a White Card)
- Decide whether the User can select multiple responses to the question or just a single response
- Enter in your Options (this can be as simple as "Yes" and "No")
- Click the Assignments button next to your option text to select which Tasks you would like to assign to the response
- Select each Task you would like to assign to the response (multiple tasks can be assigned to the one response)*
- Press Done and the Save
*Please note that if a Task has already been assigned in the Guided Program either as a stand-alone task or within a question, it can not be assigned again.
List of your existing Programs
All existing programs can be viewed under Settings > User > Programs:
Existing programs can be revised at any moment to either edit existing content or to add new tasks.
- Click "Edit" next to a Program to edit the base details of the Program or to delete it.
- Click "Tasks" next to a Program to view and edit the tasks within the Program.