Setting up your Programs, Program properties
Programs are bundles of tasks that you can assign to users, saving you time and providing you with a set group of documents, courses, or forms for Users to complete. This enables users to switch between Sites or Programs without having to re-upload information again based on what program they first enrolled in.
There are two types of Programs that can be created in Altora:
- Guided Programs
Type 1: Programs
Ordinary Programs have no enforced sequence, meaning the tasks you assign to it can be completed in any order by the inductee. This is useful for those who have some tasks which may not be applicable to everyone in the Program.
Type 2: Guided Programs
Guided Programs have an enforced sequence, meaning the tasks must be completed in order. To unlock the next task, the current task must be completed. This is useful for inductees who must complete all tasks in the order in a given Program.
To create these different types of Programs, when in the Program Assignments section in Settings, you will notice two buttons. Be sure to press “Add Guided Program” for a Guided Program with an enforced sequence, otherwise press “Add Program”.
Please see the Altora End User Updates November 2019 article for screenshots on how this looks for an end-user.
Create a new Program
Found under the 'Settings' -> 'Program Assignments' tab.
Use Programs to save you time when allocating tasks (documents/courses/e-forms/acknowledgements) to your Users, instead of task by task, they are assigned a whole Program. To create a Program, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Program Assignments from Settings
- Press the Add Program or Add Guided Program button
- Create a Program Name for your group of tasks
- Add a description that clearly identifies who should complete this Program
- Press Continue
- Add in the tasks to be included by selecting Courses by clicking on the drop-down in the next screen, pressing "Add" each time you require a new task, and choosing if each task is required or not by selecting "Optional" or "Required"
- Press Continue
- Review your Program, pressing Save when finished
List of your existing Programs
Here is where you can view your existing Programs.
- Click "Edit" next to a Program to edit the base details of the Program, or to delete it.
- Click "Tasks" next to a Program to view and edit the tasks within the Program.