This article will expand upon the Introduction article, but specifically for the Administrator Interface.
There are three main points of navigation within the Admin view: the left navigation bar, the top-right navigation bar, and the bottom-left help button.
This is the screen that appears when you first log in. It provides an overview of the recent activity and status of the system, with user and task statistics. Any approvals you may need to verify will be listed to the right.
You can access a shortcut to any saved or scheduled reports that you have set up.
In the last section of the Dashboard, you are also able to filter the course completion log to specific courses, and access user records directly from there.
Access Reports using the left navigation bar. This page allows you to run reports to provide insight into many factors within the system, including tasks users have completed, finding when certain tasks were completed, finding expiring tasks for users, and the documents that have been submitted.
To run a report, determine the type of Report you would like based on its description, and press it to select that type of Report. Follow the steps highlighted to you from there to select the specific kind of data you would like.
For more detailed information and a step-by-step guide on running Reports, please refer to Reports Overview.
Access Approvals using the left navigation bar. This page displays any documents that require admin approval after an end-user submits them, it goes to you for review.
A document requiring approval will have the following points about it:
- The end user's name, which you can click on to view their user record
- The name of the document that is awaiting approval
- The document that has been uploaded, can be viewed by pressing "view file" next to the document name
- The document Reference (if applicable)
- The document Issued date (if applicable)
- The document Expiry date (if applicable)
- The Issuer (if applicable)
Once you have reviewed the details, you can either press Approve, which formally completes the task for the end-user or Decline.
Pressing the Decline button will allow you to enter a reason for Declining, which is then submitted and emailed to the end-user to amend.
Access Users using the left navigation bar. This page displays all the end-users within the system and is where you manage each user as required.
You are able to search for users based on their Last Name, First Name, Username, Email, or Company Name. Press the Drop-Down menu to change what you are searching for.
You are also able to add a new user by pressing the "Add New User" button. For adding an end-user, please refer to Inviting Users.
Lastly, in the matrix of users, you can see the following columns:
- Whether a user is active or inactive (an inactive user will have the person icon greyed out). Please refer to this article to learn more about inactive users.
- The username
- The First Name, which can be pressed to directly access their user record
- The Last Name, which can be pressed to directly access their user record
- The Email
- The Company Name
- A "View" button to display the user record
Access the Course Editor using the top right navigation bar. The course editor allows you to see which courses you have, and then proceed to edit them from there.
If you have multiple Matrices, the Course Editor will list each Matrix, with the names of the Courses within those Matrices.
There is a "print" button next to each Course, which will generate a printer-friendly version of the Course.
For more information on editing Courses, please refer to this article.
Access Settings using the top right navigation bar. Settings have some core system functionality that you may want to fine-tune. It contains four main tabs:
User- for managing all tasks, including customising Programs.
All tasks can be managed in the Tasks tab. You can manage course details and settings through Course properties, manage trackable document types and settings through Document properties, manage e-forms and settings through e-form properties, and finally manage acknowledgements and settings through Acknowledgement properties.
To manage your program details and task assignments, press Programs.
Account- for managing company details, appearance, notifications, registration fields, behaviour and Administrators.
Changing the Company Details changes the system-wide account information.
To add a new administrator, press the "+ Invite new Admin" button. For more information on adding administrators, please refer to this article.
The columns within Administrators are as follows:
- Username (email) of the administrator
- Firstname of administrator
- Lastname of administrator
- Active status of administrator
- User permissions (ability to add, edit, delete end users)
- Settings permissions (ability to show and manage administrators)
- Course editor permissions (whether it is shown or hidden)
- Task permissions (whether it is shown or hidden)
- An "edit" button to edit an administrator
- A trash can icon to delete the administrator. Please note, you cannot delete your own account while logged into it.
- The sections within Appearance are as follows:
- Colour Scheme - to change the colour theming visible to the End-User
- System branding - to change the Company logo, and to add a watermark to course pages. Please follow the sizing suggestions provided
- Welcome screen - change the details appearing on the Login screen for the end-user
- The sections within Notifications are as follows:
- New Registration - customise the emails sent from the system for new user registrations
- Email Notification - customise the emails sent from the system for user reminders
- The columns in the Registration Fields include:
- Type of field, where T represents a Text field, and DD represents a Drop-Down field.
- Field Label, to signify the name of the field
- Description, to provide optional extra detail of the field
- An "Edit" button to edit the field (if applicable)
- The Field Rule, which is a drop-down to change that particular field to various options between Shown (can be filled in, but not mandatory), Required (must be filled in), Hidden (not shown to end-user), and Readonly (not editable by end-user).
- The sections within Behaviour are as follows:
- Advanced Settings - to change the following options
- Allow or disallow end-user self-registration
- Allow or disallow end-user self-program assignments
- Allow or disallow end-user to skip videos within courses
- Randomisation of question options order within courses
- Hiding or showing Q&A on course completion summary
- Sending an email to administrators each time a new user registers
- Advanced Settings - to change the following options
Tools- for completing Bulk Actions within Altora.
- Assign users to a program - select a single program and assign multiple users
- Unassign users from a program - remove users who are currently assigned to a program
The Top Right Navigation Bar
+ Add - a shortcut for adding a new User, Admin, Program or Task.
The profile icon allows you to edit your profile, redirect you to the knowledge base or log out of your account
My Profile - allows you to change your Email, First Name, Last Name, and Password.
Help - a shortcut to our Knowledge Base.
Logout - to log out of the Administrator view.
Bottom Left Help Button
Provides direct access to the Knowledge Base. Search for terms and articles within the search bar, expand sections of the Knowledge Base to locate articles, and view articles.