You can now create incident reports to keep a record of serious safety incidents that have occurred on site. As per Workplace Health and Safety laws, an Incident Report must be completed for every incident, however minor, and a record must be kept for every workplace accident.
Before completing the incident report, it is best to ensure you have all of the following details:
- The details of the incident in question
- The Worker's information that experienced the incident
- The details of any witnesses that observed the incident take place
- Any supporting documents that you wish to provide with the report
- The follow-up details of what took place after the incident occurred
Once all the information on the incident has been gathered, you can now start creating the Incident Report:
The Incident Report form is set up in a step by step flow format. The system will direct the flow in which the form is completed, ensure that you click "Save & Continue" so that all information is saved and that you can be guided to the next section. However, you can choose which sections you would like to complete or go back to the already completed section if you need to make any changes.
- Incident Reports is located at the bottom of the drop-down menu, and once in the Incident Report, click the + Add New to create a new report.
- Enter the Injury/Illness and Worker Details. All fields with an asterisk must be filled in.
- If there were any witnesses, enter their details by clicking "Yes" to the question. To add more than one witness, click the + Add Witness button (there is no limitation to the number of witnesses you can add).
4. Add any supporting documents by clicking the + Add Files button, and you can add multiple documents by ticking the box at the top left corner. *
* Please note that images and documents should be uploaded in either of the following formats; for images (jpg, png) and documents (pdf,docx, doc). Although the preview only supports the jpeg and png images.
- Complete the Follow Up questions and provide as much detail of the actions that have been taken since the incident has occurred
- Enter your details; first and last names will be pre-propagated with the details of the person completing the report as per their admin login details.
- Review all the details that have been entered into the Incident Report; once details are verified and correct, tick the Agreement disclaimer and then click OPEN REPORT*
*Please note that the Incident Report can also be saved as a draft at any time by clicking the SAVE AS DRAFT button in the top right corner.
How to View/Edit/Delete existing Incident Reports:
There are three different stages in which the reports can appear: Draft, Open and Closed.
Draft and Open reports can be viewed in the Current tab at the top of the screen, and Closed reports can be viewed in the Closed tab.
- Draft: These are reports that aren't fully completed and will remain as drafts up until the minimum for requirements has been filled out, the agreement disclaimer has been ticked off, and the form has been marked as open
- Open: These are reports that are still open for editing if need be and may still be under review and will remain open until they've been marked as closed.
- Closed: These are reports that have been closed off, and the details can still be viewed at any time.
All Current reports can be either be Edited or Deleted at any time, whereas only Open reports can be viewed. To do this, click on the three dots next to the report, and this will show the drop-down menu of the different actions.
- Edit: It gives you the option to edit any details in the report and can be most useful for reports that are still in the Draft awaiting further information
- View: Provides an overview of all the details along with a preview of the support documents entered in that report and only provide the option to (this is located in the top right corner) the report as opposed to saving or closing it
- Delete: This allows the option to delete the report in its entirety; once a report is deleted, it can no longer be retrieved.
How to Close an Open Incident Reports:
To Close an Open report, you will need to go into the View option of the report and click on Close Report at the top right corner of the page, and a pop up will appear to confirm whether you are sure you would like to close the report and then click "Close Report" to finalise the action. Once this has been clicked, the report will move from the Current tab into the Closed tab. This is the final stage that a report can be in, and once it has been closed, it can not be reverted into Open.
The different options in a report:
There a multiple different button options in the various stages of reports; please see below for their different functions:
|Button Option||Stage of Report||Function|
|Save as Draft||Draft Reports when in Edit||Allows the report to be saved as a draft to be edited at a later date|
|Save & Continue||Draft/Open Reports when in Edit||Allows the report to be saved and carried onto the next section of the report|
|Close Report||Open Reports when in Edit||Allows open reports to be converted into closed reports|
|Edit Report||Open Reports when in View||Redirects open reports in the view mode to the edit section|
|Exit||Open/Closed Reports when in View||Allows the report to be exited with no changes made or saved|